Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

You're right Howard, and we now see the true colours of the banking industry. Something our government failed and still fails to do, and take appropriate action.

Interestingly, Gordie in the House yesterday, mentioned action on "cash bonuses"; I think he said next year too. So how long will it be before cash bonuses become shares/options, speed boats, sports cars, houses, planes, helicopters and the like? I am frankly staggered that in 2009 a government could be so naive to think banks will only give cash bonuses.

Having said that, I have no problem with folks being rewarded for doing a good job or companies with renumeration plans to ensure they get/retain the best in class for thier organisation. It's a tough world out there, not some hippy/commie share and share alike, equal bits for all type world. Only the strongest and fittest will survive and our banks are cometing globally where there aren't restrictions on remuneration in place.

end link