Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The Willy comment was indeed funny and demonstrates Mrs T's sense of humour.

The 'we' comment did indeed come out wrong, she was clearly referring to herself and Dennis.

The main difference really being the context and the fact that in the Commons Brown had a chance to turn the laughter and derision to his advantage but was not quick witted enough.

The man is simply a dork.

I have just had another listen to what he said for a laugh and noticed something that escaped me earlier.

He actually goes on to tell a whopping big lie....

He says no-one, no UK depositor has lost a penny. That is simply untrue.

Anyone who had cash with the collapsed Icelandic banks will have lost interest between the day the bank went bust and receiving their compensation payment. Not a lot of money perhaps but there are others who have lost a lot more.

Non being my clients fortunately. I was told about another IFA who obtained a Moody's A rating for the Kauphinedge Bank in September (a good rating) and therefore invested £300,000 of a client's portfolio there. That person is expected to get back just 70p in the £ as it was not an internet account that ING assumed responsibility for.

There are a lot more people in that position and Brown must know of them so he deliberately lied, yet again.

So yes - FRAUDian is a good word to have used in respect of Brown's gaff.

end link