Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

All you will say Sue, it's fairly clear the intention is to shift the leisure facilities to the new centre of Dover, once known as Whitfield. The presentation from DDC about 'change and connection' (delivered by Mr Aziz at the Kings Hall and on the internet somewhere) even stated it. There is a certain irony about promoting healthy living and then situating a facility in a place you must drive to!

I don't think it's a problem schools being directly linked to the facilities. They would not neccessarily have any objection to them being public, as is the education they offer. My concern would be to do with the final contracts between the school(s), the council and any PFI investment. Building Schools for the Future is a good initiative offering out of date schools the potential to enter the 21st century, although not always providing what they may need. Sadly however, BSF is basically another way of privatising some aspects of state education. I would be interested to know the exact of agreement between DDC, the schools and any possible PFI investment. The whole thing has the potential to be very beneficial to those involved, however it could also be a complete cock-up.

Make no mistake there will be no leisure facility in town, excluding a huge number of users and leaving another disused piece of land around the outskirts of our 'regeneration'

end link