Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I love the Royal Mail to pieces and have always had a fantastic next day service. Something to be deeply proud of and to treasure, from the wonderful red and yellow vans to the red postboxes, the royal crown insignia and the dedication of the posties.

Interesting bit of info from my postie this morning: frogs can scream. His cat caught one last night and the poor creature was screaming. He managed to save it before it croaked! In return for this nugget of information, I was able to tell him all about "boiling frogs," the business world expression referring to a problem which grows so gradually that nobody notices it until it is full blown. Derived from the apocryphal belief that a frog can be put in a saucepan of cold water and the temperature slowly raised without it realising and jumping out, until it eventually boils to death. Don't try this at home.

The Royal Mail is the latest great British institution to be in grave danger of being flogged off to be run by another country. Not much left now so we all need to resist this with every sinew. One day perhaps we can buy it all back and take charge of our own electricity and gas and water and railways and airports and seaports and so on again.

Somewhat disconcertingly, our own Charlie Elphicke is leading the campaign to sell off the Royal Mail, describing it as a "Get out of jail card" to pay off some of our debts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/politics/conservative/6142962/Conservatives-float-plans-for-massive-privatisation.html

end link