Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Of course I agree Barry (with the school population bit at least) and I think we can be pretty certain the amalamation will take place in the forseeable future. I think it will be interesting to see howthis pans out with the boy/girl intake and how this is addressed...although as a redistributionalist this concept might be a little complicated for me.

Wow Sid, are you a protestant? That ethic seems familiar. I'd quite like to be King of England, but I don't think however hard I work (or anyone other than those 'privileged') this will happen. In this country, those who where once strong have created quite a nice system where their blood line remain so, and occassionally the odd one will win through. I sincerely (and I really mean that) congratulate you for beating the system.

I don't want people to be equal, we simply aren't by nature. Some people are born intelligent, some good looking, some both and these things aid certain people in life, although it's sad we should be judged on the latter. All I think is everyone should be given a fair(er) playing field. And by this (back to the original thread) not give a poorer kid a place over a richer kid based on economic background, it works both ways.

end link