Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Mandie you have to understand we arent privy to what your private discussions are re the route. I didnt know...I thought the River route was just one of the options available. I didnt know it was the only one.

Im not an expert but the route a few years back in the Sid Perkins era was good because I remember we used to photograph it assembling in Russell Square and the music could be heard all over the town drawing the people in with curiosity. Then it made its way out of the White Horse side of the carpark then along a crowded Castle St, around a thronged, and I mean thronged Market Sq. Then up through the town passed Boots and at some point there further up it turned right again and did the circle. It had a sort of stadium feel about the venue.

Of course Im just suggesting that this was possibly the best route for the new era...but of course Im not privy to the technical discussions that goes on with the various bodies.

end link