Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

All down the centuries, women have been sidelined in a male dominated world. Too much information for me to put on here, as you could speak volumes. A couple of women I do have sound knowledge of, and who were shunned in the early/middle part of the last century were Cecilia Payne, a brilliant English scientist, who emigrated to the States because she was unwelcome at Cambridge. While over there, she discovered the sun was using hydrogen as nuclear fuel, but the ignorant, arrogant, dominating males in the science community of the (great?) USA wouldn`t have it, because she was female, and they wern`t allowed to work in leading science. Lise Meitner, (one of Germany`s leading scientist`s in pre-war days) had similar problems in Europe. I could go on with others. Read up on them. To your original posting Keith, it comes as no surprise to me whatsoever, as religion has a poor record for the treatment of our female gender. But I was always brought up that we should love and respect one another.

end link