Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    It means 8 April was the day on which the highest daily total of covid-associated deaths in England occurred. See: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/covid-19-death-data-in-england-update-13th-june/

It suggests that infections peaked before 'lockdown'. I've read studies suggesting anything between 19 and 28 days between infection and death. House arrest began on 23 March, giving 16 days between 'lockdown' and peak deaths (although that warehouse of epidemiological exactitude, Matt Hancock, tried for a while to claim 'lockdown' began on 16 March, possibly because of innumeracy, but more likely because he's a mendacious incompetent).

Note: when I write 'lockdown' I am, of course, referring to 'lockdown' mk1, not 'lockdown' mk2, the one de Pfeffel claimed not long ago we wouldn't be having.

And the fact that most of us had already started reducing our social interactions and many were calling for the lockdown, might have possibly made a difference to the spread.
    I'm sure if everyone had the self discipline to behave sensibly then lockdown would indeed be unnecessary, but have you seen them out there?

end link