Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Weird Granny Slater wrote:
    Yes, I understand you don't quite get it. Let me spell it out: you make a claim, then you substantiate it. You don't just use a search engine to 'point me in the right direction' (as you so condescendingly put it). Any fool can type 'masks' 'evidence' and 'support' or some such into Duck Duck Go and then simply pass on the links as though he's proved his claim. (If you're familiar with this forum, you'll know it's a common move in what passes as 'argument'.) Its a bit more difficult to read the articles, then read other counter-balancing articles, and then come to a reasoned judgement. If you've read them, it should be easy for you to tell me what type of study it is (literature review, RCT), and summarise its claims and conclusions. You've simply come down on the side that suits you, and the more you just fire links at me the more you demonstrate your ignorance and your inability to back up your assertion.

By the way, the bit about 'weak evidence' is directly from a government document, the link to which I already posted on the 'coronavirus' thread. Find it, if you can be bothered. As for your general claim that I've made 'baseless statements', oblige me by specifying exactly what they are, or withdraw the accusation.

You asked for evidence, I provided it. It may be an inconvenience to you, but to be honest, I don't really care. Over half the countries in the world either mandate or advise wearing masks in indoor spaces. They might all be wrong. They might all misunderstand the science. I somehow doubt it.

end link