Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Chris wrote:
    Good work on naming an epidemic, but you missed the part about being equally as widespread and contagious.

Not sure of your point, Chris. The thread title is 'SELFISH' (with indignant capitals); the OP levelled a moral charge at individuals who are either not required to, or choose not to, wear a face covering (they're only mandated in certain environments, and there's a range of exemptions in any case). My reply was a counter-charge which drew attention to a moral failing on the part of the OP, i.e. hypocrisy, with reference to his likely behaviour during previous 'killer viral epidemics' (and an implied charge of 'credulity' given the weak evidence for the health benefits of public face coverings). I didn't claim those epidemics had been 'equally widespread and contagious', only that they were 'killer viral epidemics', and I gave an example of one in recent memory in my subsequent post.

Perhaps it would have been better in my original post to continue to re-level the misplaced and self-righteous moral charge of 'selfishness' (e.g. at the selfishness of those who consider their protection against covid requires others to forego cancer diagnosis and treatment, or to lose their jobs, businesses, livelihoods and homes), but I thought the effort likely to bounce off the OP's closed and securely bolted mind.

end link