Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Reginald Barrington wrote:
    "I came across the review below on an online review site and paste it here. It refers to the Morrisons store."

Sorry, RB, I don't see your point. The poster has observed some people behaving selfishly (I'm not disagreeing: I've seen it too). But he's then backed up his observation by deploying a 'review' describing such selfish behaviour while failing to notice it was written by someone behaving selfishly (i.e. just 'observing'). A dramatic irony, if not a logical confusion. Unless his target was a double hit, i.e. both the observer and the customers in Morrisons. But that meaning was not indicated by the post.

Besides, as these observations regularly come up on the coronavirus thread, we hardly need another one. And it simply buys into the fear that's generating the selfishness to use capitalised titles and triple exclamation marks.

It's hardly surprising people are buying up when the messages coming out of our mixed-up government are that most of us may be under house arrest for 3 months.

end link