Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I suppose I should say I am amazed. It would be nice if I could. I would like to say I am surprised, but I cannot. I refer to the people of Dover, not all, but it does seem many, who are putting the lives of others at risk by their blase attitude to the current alarming virus which has hit our country. Today, Saturday the 21st March, I witnessed people totally ignoring social contacting advice and gathering in groups as they made their way along the High Street. As they met other groups, who they obviously knew, they created even bigger groups. Bus stop packed with up close contact. Will they never learn. Will they care if they infect someone who may die. Stockpiling eggs even!! I am utterly disgusted by it all, ashamed and hurt to think I live amongst it all. I came across the review below on an online review site and paste it here. It refers to the Morrisons store.

"Shame on the people of Dover who seem a law unto themselves when it comes to shopping and their alarming greed which is depriving others. Do they never watch the news or read papers? This morning I went into this branch, not to buy but to observe, and I was not unrewarded. Trolleys packed sky high and angry people no doubt taking it out on staff. Going by the items I saw in trolleys it is likely they would not have been allowed to purchase them all, but that is not the point. People, their is a national crises going on. It is the biggest since the last war. When are you all going to wake up and take notice!! When are you going to stop being so utterly selfish and uncaring!! When are you going to stop putting others at risk in the town and stop social gathering!! Is this town in some sort of alternate universe where all is well and fine thanks!!

end link