Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Mark yes there is a natural thoroughfare through the Gateway and I suppose in former times it may have been intended as a walkthru...but clearly not now as it has been railing-ed off for an age. I doubt if the residents would go for it as some of the lower flats are subject to an element of hooliganism..but its fairly mild hooliganism it must be said. However would that increase?

Very recently all the residents have banded together to purchase the freehold from the DDC at great expense so there has been a new ball game in play for the past short while. Its a very recent move away from DDC. These things cost considerable amounts of money so I wouldnt see a possibility that an open thoroughfare could happen, not now. Of course Im just speaking for myself here, Im not an active resident on committees and so on.

I havent seen the exhibition myself so Im not up to speed but I guess the reason it focuses on the seafront and the Castle is that these are the areas being shaped up for the next era. The Cable Car which I thought myself initially was fiction, is far from fiction. Recently I spoke to people at the Castle and they see it as a very real move forward. They want it to happen...so...

end link