Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Thanks for that excellent info there BarryW.

It does seem such a shame when people have accumulated some savings over the years that it cannot be declared totally safe.

Its hard enough accumulating a few bob over the years, but with the prospect of losing it through no fault of their own, its no wonder people are panicking a wee bit. Faith has been lost in the system. The Irish guarantee has proved massively popular with all Irish investors as you can imagine.

One other bummer with savings difficulties... I always think its a real shame that the IRevenue tax the few measly bits of interest the average guy in the street gets from a lowly Building Society a/c or whathaveyou. I mean...the Government encourage you to save for your own well-being, then they tax the few miserable 3 or 4percent given to you. Talk about having your cake and eating it, no cake though for the humble saver.

I know there are Isas and Peps and so on for the organised, but clobbering the humble BS account for the ordinary Joe seems unjust.

end link