Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have had many discussions with councillors from both major parties ..
    We have one Tory and one labour here and s Tory in the next ward to us.

Since the fiasco started some months ago o have been fobbed off with many answers , but none that look to resolve the problem .

Having made many official complaints and really got no where I'm wondering now is this an issue that isn't going to be resolved over the next 8, years contract ?

Iv even involved the conservative leader of the council .

At the start I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt on a change of days and collections ,
    But months on and the issue remains .

No other industry would you be expect to receive such a poor service .

I got a call from an employee who told me there just isn't enough lorries or staff to maintain a service and so the problem will go on .

Iv also had offices at other meetings stop me raising the issue when cllrs were present which I presume they didn't want any negative comments (,,even though the cllrs present had also highlighted the same issues earlier in the meeting !)

I do feel it's time for the elected councillors to step up, unelected officers are running the show at the mo, and not very well !

So with excuses of
    Not enough lorry drivers
    Not enough staff

Why give this company an eight year contract?
    They have now broken the contract surely the company can be heavily fined which appears to be the only way they will listen .

The council itself can't pass the buck as at times they are trying to do.
    My contract is with DDC not the private company
    DDC Decided to use a private company to carry out this contract , it's up to DDC to make sure they do,at the moment , and for months this hasn't happened .

I know my name's mud up at DDC but I'm not letting go, this needs sorting out and now!

end link