Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I find myself torn on this one, on the one hand I am a union member on the other I am a consumer.

As a union member (been a branch secretary, branch chairman, regional committee rep, regional political secretary etc.) I support the rights of the workers to withdraw their labour, though I like Keith do not know the full details. From what I can gather the union's perception is that management have gone back on an agreement and are refusing to talk;the union state they are prepared to discuss modernisation.

As a consumer, I want to receive my post on time, I want the post I send to cost me a fair price and get there promptly. From what I can see the management are obsessed with cost reduction and are dressing this up as modernisation and from their own website seem to be missing the plot on what they need to do to compete in the modern postal market place.

end link