Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have been in a union all my years of working apart from the six years in the army that is about 45years i am still today in a union and paid up the union is Unite. The strike will not work they have not worked in the pass,just look at the miners, and the ,P.O strike.I am not saying the postman do not have acase,that I do not know,but what I DO KNOW IS A WORK TO RULE does work."Why you might say"? Well first the postman will still get his or her wage each week.And stiill the post will stack up and in the end there must be agreement made. By striking the postman will not get wage,but will in the end still have to go back to work and they will never get back the wages they have lost.But with a work to rule means that they are working to rules that the post office make. No overtime a full tea and dinner stop. and for the ones that work inside if the tem/goes below 60 they can stop work and still get paid.The post office will have to pay out the wages but will not get the mail out as it should.So if you are apostman go back to work and then work to rule,if they get out side workers they will have to work to rule as well ,I think the cost to the postoffice would be to much.

end link