Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

hi all,

I have seen this posted on Dover for Disgruntled website..

2.8 At the Partnership Board Meeting on 23 November 2020, a paper was presented to the Board seeking approval to the RIBA Stage 2 Design Report and to instructing the professional team to commence RIBA Stage 3. The RIBA Stage 2 Cost Plan presented to the meeting, based upon the proposed scheme, indicated a project cost of £7.45m, including a financial contribution of £550k from Dover District Council to reflect the cost associated with the Council’s element of the project. 2.9 A breakdown of how the £550k sum has been calculated has now been shared with the Council explaining the apportionment of costs, which are on a floor area basis and do reflect the actual costs related to the specific areas related to DDC activities. 2.10 The KCC works will provide DDC with a completed suite of rooms, which will of course require furnishing, which has been estimated to require an additional budget of c£150k, meaning the total project cost to DDC is c£700k, which was included within the approved Capital Programme agreed by Council on 3 March 2021." If you haven't signed the petition yet to save the theatre, please do. Then maybe KCC will explain what on earth they're doing.

Yet again money that could be spent on the local community...I do not know if this is true..

Why does DDC need more rooms?

But if is true... Yes I am going to repeat apparently they cannot spent any money on Aycliffe..

end link