Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Yes although Im personally not a watcher of the Ross Kemp stuff I have come across it occasionally and I have to hand it to him, it is the genuine article. I bet he does indeed have lots of respect amongst the soldiers on the ground, as he is in there in the thick of it, rather similar to those great and heralded press guys who covered the Vietnamese war, and left us with pictures and words of all the horrors of the time. Pictures and words that should have stopped wars forever, but we never learn.

As an aside that Dispatches programme on C4 continues to strike home. Last night it covered our total escapade in Afghanistan with all its flaws on equipment and so on, and not necessarily the governments fault (the equipment) as most of it was what was requested by the head military personnel.

But the troops dont know why they are fighting there. That was one of the interesting morale gems in the programme. The government keep giving us this concocted baloney about protecting us from homebased attacks from Al Queda, but Al Queda are in Pakistan not Afghansitan, as the troops pointed out. Wrong country, wrong war?? Can somebody let Downing St know...

end link