Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Not having Sky, I have not seen any of this series. I do have a slight worry that normally whenever a TV crew films a military unit, especially those fronted by an actor or Prince Harry, they are always depicted as being fully equipped, flak jackets, armour, the lot. Given the endless reports of supply shortages amongst the troops in even basic equpiment (as has been brought up on these forums many times), how realistic is the portrayal?

Also, I wonder how the unit Kemp was stationed with felt having to drag someone to the front line with them who was probably receiving a six or seven figure sum for being there, whilst they had to put their lives on the line for £20k or thereabouts.

I would still like to see the series though. Ever cynical I'm afraid.

Oh, last point. If this 'documentary' was to be proposed to be shown in schools as education, I'd like to hear our Mr Dimmocks' opinion of the proposal!

end link