Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

DT1, and I thought I was cynical....

Are you suggesting that what you describe as the "propaganda used in the first and Second World Wars to aid morale and war spirit." was a bad thing? I would suggest it was essential to winning the war.

The Afghanistan conflict is different to WW2 where the whole nation was involved directly in a fight for survival. There was no faking the bullets Kemp was dodging and no acting in the real fear he felt at times. The emotion when he was speaking to the families of soldiers who lost their lives was not faked. Neither was the heroism of the troops under fire.

It is time that children learned what 'real' heroes are like rather than the false 'celebrity' so called heroes and overpaid nancy boy footballers....

This programme was a well produced and honest account of what our troops are doing in Afghanistan, there is no doubt about that.

end link