Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Captain Haddock wrote:
    I am well aware of the taper on funding from HMG to EH or whatever they call themselves.

Perhaps if they spent more time preserving our heritage rather than 're-imagining the idea of Englishness at heritage sites across the country' and pursuing a false narrative of the lie that 'we have always been a country of mass immigration' I might have more sympathy.

With 1,044,000 Members, an annual income of c.£40 million and every site I've visited being staffed mostly by 'volunteers' I don't see spending a few bob on DPH or indeed Fort Burgoyne which they are supposed to be looking after on our behalf to be asking too much.

Have you been to the Castle recently? They are spending plenty of that £40 million on restoring the castle after years of neglect under military (UK government) ownership. Yes it would be lovely to spend some of that on RPH, but let us give them a chance....

By the way, when I went to Portland Castle, the EH (employee, not volunteer) lady said we were so lucky to live in Dover and she would love to work at our castle. Everything is relative.....

end link