Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

mmmm as a cyclist who does obey the road traffic act does that mean you motorists will

a) give me more than an inch of clearance when you pass me
    b) not use the turning boxes at traffic lights as a way to get ahead of someone else - after all they are there for me so I can safely turn right
    c) not cut me up when you change lanes or want to turn left
    d) recognise that I have about 2 square inches of rubber and a cycle helmet between me and death (you are sitting in a metal box with crumple zones etc.)
    e) dim your lights at night so I am not blinded when you are driving towards me, I know you can see my lights and all my reflective strips
    f) not tailgate me when we are on a narrow road, I will pull in to let you pass when it is safe for me to do so
    g) use your mirrors when you pull up and open your drivers door - I am really not invisible

Funnily enough there is nothing in the Road Traffic Act or Highway Code that says cyclists cannot cycle 2 abreast but then as most motorists forget the latter as soon as they tear up their L plates ....

end link