Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Hi Robert was my Grandfather, his son ARTHUR was my Dad, but i am not having much luck with finding out about some of his life, and his family.

I know Robert had a shop, described variously and grocer or fishmonger, and he had a horse called Joe. Does anyone able to pinpoint exactly the address please, wonder if it is still standing.

For a time my Dad Arthur was SEcretary of ST. Mary's Old Boys Association, but where is/was the School, he was it seemed in the BUFFS about 14.

He was for a time a Football Referee, officating at the DOver v Tottenham A game in 1954, but he only recalled 5 games from his time, one was a Junior Final in 53 or 54. I am sure there must be other readers with a relative involved in the game, in the imed Dover area between 52-53 and 54-55, where ateamsheet may have been produced, anyone able to check please and alow me a scan please.

Dads brother HERBERT GEORGE,no notthe writer worked on the trams aparently, any photos of him wlcome, he also won swmning cups.

I have some bits of his effects that I may like to pass on to a Museum in the Town or an archivist, when I come down inMay.

john

end link