Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Seeing as how they are connected I am going to say/ask something about the Age Concern shop in Dover High Street. I suppose the first thing to ask is why five staff left and two were asked to leave, making a total of seven in all. It seems, so I am told, that all were asked to fill in forms for their past to be checked going back many many years. Yes, just to work in a charity store. The store is now a disgrace and difficult to walk around in and, it seems, a very unpleasant place to work in. Their lovely new till has also vanished for some reason so no more receipts. This raises the question of if this is actually legal. How on earth do they tally up takings at the end of the day. Seems there is now no longer a delivery or collection driver since the manager resigned. It is all such a shame and will not be a surprise to see the store close at some stage. What then for Riverside. It is unlikely that DDC will allow the centre to close as it is used by locals. What of their debts? I recall years ago when the centre was well run, staff happy and the store not doing too badly. Will they be getting a new manager? The last meeting at the centre was a complete farce. I believe the whole setup needs new blood, someone who really knows retail. Doubt it will happen though.

end link