Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have lived in River now for some 12 years and yes it is a Parish but I am a Dovorian through and through as is Sue and I am sure most others that live here in River. So come on, get off your bikes about it being snobbish River is no different to any other Parish with all walks of life living here in the village. Sue is proud of it and why shouldn't she be it a nice area. As I understand it she is a District Councillor so does that not give her the right to comment or is it she can get some Town Councillors a bit hot under the collar.

I think a few of you have twisted this thread to get at Sue and River as a Parish. The tread I thought (please correct me if I am wrong) is about a local groundsman (a dam good one at that) loosing his contract to some firm from Ashford. Getting back to that, I have read the minutes Sue and they tell us nothing at all. Just that one tender out shines the others. Outshines at what, Price, Experience, What? If price I would have thought not enough to warrant throwing away 31 years service and if experience, then surely 31 years of experience would be difficult to out shine.

I think the people of River require a little more information than is given from a closed door meeting than "One tender out shines all the others" Jimmy Cox gave 31 years Loyal service to River Parish Council and deserved better than a letter of thanks"

end link