Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Chávez's legacy

"Having lived and worked in Nicaragua for the best part of 25 years, I'm pleased you report the sad death of Hugo Chávez so well (Report, 6 March). The support Venezuela under Chávez gave to countries like Nicaragua is immense and has set the region on a path to growth, stability and unity. The Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (Celac) is just the latest of many initiatives aimed at unifying Latin America. Alba, Petro-Caribe and Unasur are all well established and bearing fruit. I am so pleased that in death Chávez is getting the recognition denied to him by a biased western media, obsessed with painting him in a negative light. I can vouch firsthand of the benefits to Nicaragua of Venezuela under Chávez. I'm sure there are many in Bolivia, Ecuador and Cuba who can do the same. One of the great Latin American leaders has passed away, but I hope that the seeds sewn, which he saw develop into young, strong shoots, will continue to flourish.
    Nicholas Hoskyns
    London "

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/mar/06/chavez-legacy-venezuela-nicaragua

end link