Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

While I am absolutely in support of discouraging and removing undesirables and those who put us at risk, I disagree that many flee to UK because it is a soft touch. That may be true in some cases, but in most it is because they have ties here (albeit possibly illegal ties) or admire the UK (go figure!) I am sure that if you were to hear and understand some of the very genuine stories behind people who are being demonised by those who manipulate biddable minds you would want to offer them sanctuary. Sanctuary does not mean preference or better treatment - it means a safe haven and security from violence and abuse. It is hopefully becoming clearer that the scaremongering and urban mythologising that has led to vulnerable and frightened people being hounded is just that, and that asylum seekers et al do not actually receive preferential treatment or go to the top of any lists. There are always exceptions, and there are some hard and nasty b***ards in the system who should have gone long since, but that should not cloud our judgement about the others.

end link