Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

James mentioned Northern Ireland there so let me add a piece on that.

From an early age religion plays a part in Ireland. You cant escape it. If you are one side your furture is mapped out. If you are the other side your future is also mapped out but they use a different map entirely and never the twain shall meet. Me on the catholic side of the equasion(although Im from southern Ireland not north) had everything preplanned to a large degree with the priests and nuns having a huge say in your thoughts, your thinking, from an early age. The culture aligns itself to the religion, ceilidh music, traditional songs, writers, books, plays and so on, ...and because the protestant culture came from a different planet to us the indigenous types, they didnt have any of our heritage culturally.Not the same songs plays music books etc. They did everything differently and had no inclination to mix. This was how we viewed it. They themselves probably viewed it just the same from their side, although I have no experience of how they look at things but they look at them differently.

So religion certainly plays a part in shaping how you got to what you are. After that, how you deal with the injustices is up to you!

end link