Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Move along. Nothing's happening here!

Hopefully the above 'actions', all totally meaningless, will keep the enraged luvvies of Deal quiet so they can carry on with their many other worthy campaigns.

All we have here is basically an officially lead campaign of harassment on the owners.

What we all have to remember, like it or not, is that the Regent 'Cinema' is PRIVATE PROPERTY and DDC has no more power to tell owners what to do than they have to come round my mansion and tell me what to do with my property.

All else leads from that.

a) No doubt owners will claim DDC's lack of advice is holding up plans
    b) There is no 'enforcement action' the council can take.
    c) There is no 'heritage value'
    d)The chance of this particular building getting Listed Building status is close to zero.
    e)It will be interesting to see what excuse DDC try for 215 action https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/11491/319798.pdf the purpose of the law was for real blots-on-the-landscape, not old cinemas with a bit of budlia growing in the gutters!
    f)Whilst Regent 'Cinema' might be used as offices - forcing vacancy of building will be open door to vandalism, squatting,arson etc - I almost thought I could smell petrol during last night's meeting ;-)
    g)Pure harassment
    h)No it isn't adversely affecting. This is clutching at straws..
    i)If business rates are sought for other than a cinema DDC will be complicit in allowing building to be used in breach of their own covenant on use.
    j.Just more paperwork
    k.Just more time wasted

end link