Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I didn't say it wasn't important Sue,wasn't the last full council good and important,if I remember it was the Labour group who called the meeting as it was felt that 2 months between meetings was too long.Not only were we talking about the Credit Crunch and its affect on Dover and the staffing levels at DDC but there was no arguements.It was intresting to find out the circumstances of the £1 million in Iceland and we now have the full explanation of how and why the money was put into the Icelandic banks,
    The rest of this meeting is about Seachange grant and intresting reading it is too £7.75m coming into the Town,if all goes smoothly and everyone signs up,of course not evryone is in favour because a lot of it will be spent in and on the Castle site and for the Cable Car plans.
    On another subject it was interesting to hear that Dover Priory stage 2 is being held up as Network rail seem a little uncertain if they will cough up,but it now looks as if a new plan to spend £2m on additional car parking may help with the problem we have now and will have even more when the High Speed Link comes to Dover in a Year.
    Just recieved a call from my Dad he is going on a Cruise with Fred Ol**n in Dec from Dover now F.O. normally arrange parking at the Western Docks free,but they want over £50 for a 7 night cruise.at prices like that go by Train.

end link