Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I am not sticking up for Boris, I dislike the guy, but having driven them Bendy Buses, I can tell you they are not fun to drive at the best of times let alone in the ice and snow.

The other problem is the old front engine and gear lever buses that were in London have long gone. Much lighter buses in weight are now in, Automatics with engines at the back or on the side have now replaced them. This all adds to making road traction more difficult plus they are closer to the ground and being low floor design means the snow builds up around the brake valves.

I am not saying the buses should not have gone out yesterday in London or at least tried to go out. The risks have to be taken into consideration you have 80 lives on board more with the bendy buses and on top of that the buses cost over £100.000 each to replace.

The coach is normally heavier and higher from the ground and is far better in all conditions so I would be surprised if some of the coaches did not get through and into London.

I know in Ashford yesterday we got all our bus services out, they could not keep to time but they got out. However if the snow had been a lot harder then the risks become greater. No bus Company wants to loose their services. No service means no money and as with every one else this is not the time to loose customers and money so these decisions are not taken lightly.

Now the trains that is some thing else, why did they not run today?

end link