Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I have lost touch with whats happening on the rail strike front but had this email in today to remind me. JHG will know more Im sure but in case its useful to anyone here is the info I received.....

"
    I'm pleased to tell you that the Rail, Maritime & Transport (RMT) and Transport Salaried Staff Association (TSSA) trades unions have withdrawn their strike ballots. The RMT has also informed us that it is no longer in dispute with us over redundancies, high speed station staffing and the operation of Class 395 trains.

This is very welcome news for our passengers and stakeholders.
    With the threat of industrial action behind us, we now need to focus on the future. The coming months will no doubt be challenging but we have the exciting prospect of introducing the UK's first domestic high speed service later this year. And we're aiming to 'preview' a limited high speed service as a trial for passengers in the coming months, in advance of the official launch in December. This is a great opportunity to grow and expand our business as we provide passengers with more choice and journey opportunities and encourage more people to choose to travel by train: be it on high speed, mainline or metro.

Yours sincerely
    Mike Gibson
    Public Affairs Manager
    SouthEastern
    "

end link