Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well quantative easing has started. £billions being printed to be paid for later with inflation.

Here is what George Osborne said with which I fully concur, on BBC News

He called it an "admission of failure" by the government measures to get credit flowing in the economy.

"Given that the government's other measures have completely failed and the recession continues to get worse, as I say, this was a last resort," he said adding that is was an "admission of failure and as I say carries quite a few risks".

He criticsed the government for failing to get it's loan guarantee scheme, and other measures, operational to stop more businesses closing.

"It hasn't started like so many other of the government schemes on home repossession or trade insurance haven't started," he said.

"That is an absolutely essential part of getting money to businesses so that they can stay afloat and people can be kept in work".""""""""""""""""

For me it is the failure to get on and implement schemes that were announced with a fanfare that really says it all about this wretched Government. This truly is a 'say anything but do nothing' Government.

end link