Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Bern although you dont get out much you are absolutely right...I get out a lot and have tried them all (or at least the ones that appeal ) on every occasion from Valentines Day to New Years Eve, and I can confirm the mediocrity. You cant exactly go out on the town in Dover....and when you try to the places are very often empty....which is a killjoy in itself.

Some places however you can have a good time, but very often where the food is good the ambience is awful and vice versa.

Example: A gathering of 30 of us or so , many forumites, went out to an inner town place on New Years Eve. Yes we had a laugh
    good music
    good wine
    good company
    shambolic food.....dont remind me! Im still waiting on dessert!

there are pictures still somewhere on this website.

However we are not prisoners here in Dover and we can go further afield. Many have grasped this fact already with regards to shopping, cinemas, bowling and so on... but maybe there will be better days ahead.

John have heard about The Churchill new menu..must try that.

end link