Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Paul,

As you well know DTC does not work on the cabinet system. All authority comes from the Council and no Councillor can make decisions without that authority. slow yes but I didn't make the rules. No matter what any individual may say without the authority of the corporate body it is not approved. We have told everyone what the process is and today we sent out reports of wednesdays meeting and recommendations ready for the debate on Thursday. Within those documents are what I think are proposals for solutions to resolve all issues. Of course.

Unfortunately there seems to be a trend coming from some DDC councillors here to make statements that are untrue and confuse the real issues. I would be grateful if you would appraise them of the facts if they wish to comment.So we can get on with finding a solution. Unfortunately the decision to close toilets has caused the subject of devolution to become a political issue and occlude the real issue making things rather more difficult. I have always personally been a supporter of devolution and have been working to find an answer to the problems of shifting tasks. Witness the progress on Tourism. I also am not a supporter of Politics at town level but we now seem to be embroiled in it since the unfortunate closures.

I await next weeks Council meeting - please come - and then maybe we can move forward swiftly.

end link