Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I thank everyone who turned up at the meeting and for the super positive contributions made from which many ideas have come.

Since then we have been working continually ( note the time someone!, I had to stop last night and crash but others were at it til midnight!) and today we are working to two sub- committee meetings from 11am then MW has to send out reports on it all to councillors today for next weeks meeting. I said our resources were limited as unlike the District we do not have teams of high rated officers. Its not a whinge but just so you understand the reality of the size differential. David and Goliath .

In actual fact I needed more information on Tourism for the report and called DDC yesterday and had a very productive meeting with two of them at 4pm in my office. A brilliant response.

Please attend next weeks meetings at Town and District as we can't move forward now without all councillors voting on the results of our consultation and deliberations.

I would offer the observation subsequent to the meeting about paying for toilets v the quality and cleanliness. A paid attendant would raise the cost of running by more than double and yes we would get a much better product. Coin operated external doors in an unattended/monitored situation may only result in providing a regular moneybox for vandals and thus more maintenance cost - if you put it on the outside door then it only needs someone to pay the money and wedge the door open or create more mischief inside. If on inside doors you gain little to protect the building as a whole. You will note that examples given -eg Charlton and DHB are in monitored environments where cleaners are available all the time they are open. Anyway its my thoughts and we will be looking for all ideas. Disabled provision has been brought to our attention by the meeting.

D

end link