Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Sue
    To be fair there were a lot of contributions from the floor and indeed from the Town council itself.

Clearly those present know where the decision was taken, and now its about looking to the future.

There are no quick fixes to the disaster created by your party at District.

I'm pleased also that most present at the meeting (and it closer to 100 attending) but the numbers doesnt realy matter, as iv been to river meetings where not one member of the public was there.

Yes its amotive subject, and the Town council with all the guns at its head has to try to find a solution to at least some of the issues.

I'm a great believer in decisions being made at the lowest possible levels(even down to community groups) and in time Im sure work presently donre by the county and District will be devolved down to the town council.

But this should be done by negotiation and agreement, not by as we are seeing at the moment, District closng the toilets, then putting gun to town councils head and saying if you dont foot the bill we wont re open them!

I do understand the politics of this crazy decision, but this will backfire on the present administration.
    I'm sure Nigel (woops mentioned his name)thinks by doing this now it will all be forgotten come the general election and future elections,
    Sorry bruv, you got this one wrong, people are incensed, and come the general and any other election(including those involving our N.C.) WILL BE REMEMBERED.

I just hope the Town council can savalge something out of this disaster, I look forward to further meetings with the town council on all the ideas they have for the future.

The Idea put forward to use shop toilets is a non starter for a number of reasons, not just the health and safety implications, and realy we should be looking at why the toilets were closed, and how this type of decision making can never be allowed to happen again.

Im going to write to the PM to see his view on changing the cabinet system or ways of changing this present UNDEMOCRATIC council.
    I will keep you posted

end link