Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Phil

To answer your question, DTC is required to keep a large reserve for emergencies and as a guarantee for our mortgage on the premises. I do consider its more than any business would but then our hands are tied. This has given strength to the rumour that we have spare money but it isnt spare if you arent allowed to spend it. In the case of a local emergency like flooding etc I suspect the govt would give us leave to use it then replace it.

In respect of underspend - yes each year we usually have an underspend and that is taken into account when assessing the following years rates. thus last years underspend resulted in a Zero rate 2009/10 as we are predicting for next year and have again set a zero rate 2010/11. Within our next years budget we have made some provision for Tourism as we were advised that DDC were deleting that but I suspect it now wont be enough. We did not have enough information to include any provision for toilets when the rate was set.

Hope that answers your question - last years accounts are on our Web and this years will be published as soon as they have been audited.

end link