Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I think Andy you make a valid point .THe main objective is to get the toilets reopened .I know and so do DDC and DTC councillors that talks have been going on behind the scenes to ask Towns and Parish councils to take on services which DDC because of budgets cannot provide .Over the past year Planning applications are down ,Land searches and car par incomeis also down .Its called recession .THe money is not out there and people cannot spend what they donot have .
    I have said in previous postings Parish councils and Town Councils are not capped .

What I hope for that all councillors will put aside politics and at the meeting next week the 20th that the people of Dover who are the ones will understand that they will not pay anymore than cuirrently it will be DTC raise the money in their precept and DDC will not .

I have said previouslly River pays for their PCSO and we also have to pay for the ones in Tower Hamlets ,Buckland ,St Radigunds ,and Priory ward ;.Dover Town Council donot precept for these PCSO .Please let common sense reign no politically point scorring after all we want the services for our community .

Can you imagine if River Parish Council closed the Recreation Ground ?People from outside of the parish would soon be shouting at us .Well this is what is happening with the toilets .DTC can fund the toilets .They would have to pay for the cleaning of them .They took over the War memorial all those years ago .
    If the DTC donot have the costings before them well a phone call or email would suffice and that informatipon would be given .
    Its called communication .

end link