Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Well here goes I will use River as an excample .Every year a precept is raised roughly £60,000 .That money is used for the PCSO £13,000 or more ,River Recreation Ground £28,000 a clerks salary plus an office in the clerks house .The odd flower beds etc .River residents also pay through the council tax levied by DDC for toilets in Dover ,play areas etc .Currently the toilets in town are paid for by all residents of the district so if you live in Capel to the west or Wingham going to the east of the district they pay twice .We then look to see what the precept raised by DTC pays for .I dont have that information .I do know they raise a high precept which is not capped .Every year DDC has to make its revenue budgets balance .We have to raise enough money for the services which we provide .Always there is the threat of being capped .Pension schemes go up contracts go up and each year we are sqeesed more and more .
    The whole solution is to devolve down to the Parishes and Town councils
    Paul has stated some parish councils and own Councils have done this .

River took on the running of the rec in . 1988.It has cost us a lot of money over the years .
    When you receive your tax bills look at the way it is divided .We all know KKC are Education ,Social Services Highways etc .DDC Parks,Planning ,Environmental Health /This is not a complete break down .
    Andy what do you get from Guston Parish Council??

end link