Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Interesting reports there Paul B .I shall nor attend the meeting as Im not a Dover rate payer as I have said often ,River residents already pay for many facilities .I was aware of the bargain re allotment land etc .I think Cllr Watkins was trying to broker a deal .It is Nigel who has upset these very delicate proposals .He should have considered the public outcry on this .

I think and quite rightly many councillors of different hues are outaged that he made the decision .Roger and John can confirm this item was never placed on a cabinet agenda .Neither have we received notice of this delegated decision .If it is delegated all councillors receive a copy of the decision .It can then be called in for scrutiny .I n effect we now do not have a chance to do this .
    I shall be speaking re the delegated decision .The actual decision of who pays is for the DTC to decide .A lot of parishes have to pay for their own loos .
    Alkham do not have public loos however they have a very good open space the Vicarage Meadow where Cricket is played and the play area situated .This the residents maintain through their parish precept .I can tell you their budget is very low but they are a community that help themselves .Im sure one of our regular posters can ccnfirm this
    The Parish Council is non political and very well run .It is always a pleasure to attend their meetings
    I dont think Nigel will attend the meeting .
    DDC members will argue it at the next Fuill council Meeting .
    Sadly this will become pol,itical and the panto will continue .

end link