Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

The provision of basic needs such as decent Public loos should never be political .I understand that budgets are of concern and cuts have to be made .There is on offer a way forward .Sandwich Town Council have taken on the responsibility of their loos as have St Margarets and of course here in River we have to pay for those in the River Recreation ground .I have stated often River people pay for the rec but it is used and enjoyed by many .Dover Town Council have over the years raised very high precepts .It would be interesting to see how much cash they have in their coffers and what the money is spent on
    I for my part feel that all councillors should have been advised of the decision as John quite rightly says we usually get notice of delegated decisions .I think someone jumped too quickly here ,.

Dover Town Council could come out of this smelling of roses .There really is no need to drag it into a political slanging match .
    I think John you will find all those councillors who have to pay out of their parish precepts for facilities which everyone enjoys will not support you .

Just lets get the dammed things open again ..We coukd even allow Nigel to wear a loo chain and reopen them .

end link