Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

So rarely do I speak officially that I confirm that now to be so - in my role as Chairman of Finance - here is my comment.

DTC was informed in November and talks are in progress with the District on the range of issues that they wish to devolve. Indeed I am asked to attend at Whitfield this very afternoon to continue those discussions accompanied by the Town Clerk.

I posted here last year under another heading about the devolution of facilities and asked for comments.

At the D T Council meeting of 26th November ( not yet on the website but will be soon) a resolution was passed to hold public Consultation on the matters including the Toilets and Tourist functions.

The Town has asked District for detailled cost information and current business plans to properly assess the very large implicationsand this is not something that can be put aside as audit and public consultation are a necessity as far as we are concerned. Likewise any major change in our function has to be costed in detail and reported to a cycle of council. To date full cost information isn't available. From a standing start with our own staff restrictions we are moving matters forward.

It is incorrect at this stage to state that any political issue exists. Just practical ones. If you want me to post the Mayors statement to Council of the 29th I will but its half a page of A4. I have asked for it to be put on our site but that may be a few days.

I am personally very concerned about the toilets but also tourism and to swallow both those pills is a challenge. There are many other issues which the District is putting to us at the same time and all of this will be reported to the next Council on 28th Jan - please come.

In the meanwhile I confirm that whilst discussing these issue we were NOT notified that toilets would be closed immediately - so don't go blaming us for that - we are doing our best. Happy to have constructive assistance and comments but dont lets get political until we have sorted out the business/ practical side!

I dont want any politics involved - I want what the electorate want - which I believe is an active Tourist facility and toilets are part of that.

I will see what District say about the above this pm!

D

end link