Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Brian - you are not making much sense, I cant understand what you are saying and the NHS and Dan Hannen are nothing to do with Dover's toilets.

As for the rest of you... I was merely pointing out the difficult decisions and the dilemma faced by DDC which is the background to what they have done.

As for how it was done, well it could not happen that way when we had the old committee structure and when I was responsible for them would not have closed them on Chairman's authority, due to the controvercial nature of the decision. It would have had to be a committee, possibly even a Policy & Resources Committee decision.

The present Government changed the local government structure to a Cabinet basis in order to enable decisions to be made in this way, for good or ill. They had a purpose in that which was to streamline decision making. The Government can therefore share the blame there also. At least we have people in charge at DDC who are willing to take the difficult decisions and show leadership, something lacking in Government at the moment. We may not like it but let us not forget why they had to do it.

Personally I preferred the old committee structure.

end link