Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I find myself, yet again, incandecscent with rage at Dover District Council. Despite recently signing a new contract with Connaught Cleaners for the upkeep of public toilets, the public toilets behind Maison Dieu House and at Buckland Bridge have been closed for good. There are notices on the doors saying the closure took effect from yesterday.

Like many men of a certain age, I have a mild prostate problem that necessitates frequent visits to the toilet, especially in cold weather such as we are experiencing at the moment. I expect there are many others who experience the same (or worse), and to close two sets of public toilets (and I understand that the set at Stembrook may also be closed shortly) is a downright disgrace. My understanding is that there is political manoeuvring going on behind closed doors so that the Town Council are being almost forced into taking on the upkeep of the toilets despite there being no additional funds made available for the additional expense. Put another way, my medical problem (and those of others in a similar position) is being used a pawn in a political football match and I'm ******* disgusted by it.

If that is the caring face of our local Conservative party, whom I have supported for many years, then I shall not be voting for them come the General Election.

And, how are visitors to the town supposed to manage?

end link