Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Ironically enough, Legal and General manage my private pension. I must drop them a line of congratulations knowing now how much my funds will be boosted by the addition of parking charges at St. James.

The moot word is, of course, "manage" rather than own. As anyone with any knowledge will tell you, the actual investments are held right across the financial range in any well diversified fund. UK property will generally play a small part, but UK property as owned by L&G is a very small part of the that. Parking charges at one particular site is a minuscule proportion, mathematically negligible.

Whether charging at St.James will work to its detriment or not, I don't know. DDC's charges will certainly not help footfall. The sports centre will soon be closing when its replacement opens at Whitfield. Why else would anyone local want to visit that part of town on a Sunday? Our fishy friend is often one of the more confused forumites but also, sadly, one whose party dominates the council.

No doubt he will elaborate.

end link