Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

Oh dear, I think I am partially guilty of diverting this thread entirely from its original subject, Private Security Patrols.

It has now mutated via my reference to what some real uniformed coppers have been getting up to in respect of my family, to Keith successfully diverting attention from that by telling us for the hundredth time that he will not buy the Dover Express on principle, to my defending local papers, to Colin talking about national red tops.

I see that Colin has recognised this and started a new thread on national newspapers so perhaps we can continue that discussion over there and return this one to Private Security Patrols and their relationship to the police force, as per Howard's original post:

"i was listening today to the former boss of the metropolitan police today berating the use of the above. it did not seem to cross his mind that because of the inability of people in his position, people were feeling the need to pay twice for policing."

end link