Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

I recall the debate re private security patrols as discussed by River Parish Council .Im not in favour and fortunately River Parish Council were of the same opion .There are two good reasons not to have them .One it lowers the value of your home and most importantly you are paying as in Rivers case it would be three times .
    Here is an instance what powers does a PCSO have ?Periodically boys gather at the bus terminus not a problem you might think however kicking a football against the wall and bus shelter to past ten p.m.is .Our PCSO was called to try and sort the problem out .He said he could do nothing as there wasnt a notice sayiong NO BALL GAMES .By the way these notices are the bain of my life just more signs completely ignored .THe PCSO visited the parents of these boys and neither family were intersted .
    WE also have a problem with large trucks parked around the village .THis has been brought to the attention of the PCSO and all he says is "Where are they parked " Unbelievable as he must see them as they are in different roads around the village .

I know my old mate Vic looks in to the postings and on the radio and it was on TV last night pointing out how useless CCTV is .The money spent on these pkus PCSO coyuld be spent on proper policeman .Sorry Keith ,but we have to pay for ours and its not a good service .I still believe we the public should speak up and nip these problems in the bud .When one is afraid to speak to a young boy or girl and to me if they are stiill at school they are then its a sad sad world and we should never let them rule .Consideration and politness when talking to these offenders usually wins the day .

end link