Dover.uk.com
If this post contains material that is offensive, inappropriate, illegal, or is a personal attack towards yourself, please report it using the form at the end of this page.

All reported posts will be reviewed by a moderator.
  • The post you are reporting:

While I can't speak for him, my impression is that Andrew Stucken hasn't rolled over but instead has chosen to deal with discrimination in a positive way, ie by using it as a motivation. He's not the only one to do or to have done this, certainly. Indeed, it's absolutely through the experience of some people, and subsequent collation and analysis, that the big discourses of sexism, racism, ageism, ableism, etc have been formed.

This is all such a big subject, and goes into fundamental questions, including those of possible human natural functioning and some hefty societal and philosophical considerations. (I feel rather Pythonesque about it - shall we have the five-minute post or the full year of lectures?? )

Prescription for social functioning? As far as I'm concerned - treat people with respect and accept their fundamental worth. From the Christian perspective (if I'm allowed to say that these days ), love thy neighbour as thyself. It really isn't difficult.

Though it'd probably do quite a lot of people out of a job.

end link